Saturday, July 9, 2011

Presidency Message for May

As I look into your faces I can feel your goodness. I commend each of you for your day-to-day works of righteousness. Even though your works may be known to only a few, they are recorded in the Lamb’s book of life, which one day will be opened to witness of your dedicated service, devotion, and deeds as instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work. I fear you sisters do not realize in the smallest part the extent of our influence for good in your families, in the Church, and in society. Your influence for good is incalculable and indescribable. President Brigham Young said: ‘The sisters in our Female Relief Societies have done great good. Can you tell the amount of good that the mothers and daughters in Israel are capable of doing? No, it is impossible. And the good they will do will follow them to all eternity.’ I truly believe you are instruments in the hands of God in your many roles, especially that of motherhood. Women affect so very much of what happens in the world for good or otherwise. In some measure, wives and mothers control the flow of blessings that come into their homes. Dear sisters, may you continue to go forward. Go forward in faith and humility. Do not let Satan or any of his seductive evil power have influence over you. Give no occasion to the adversary nor allow him to diminish your God-given,unique sensitivity to the Spirit of the Lord. May that Spirit ever guide you to sacred feelings in your every thought and activity as you reach out to others in love and mercy, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Instruments in the Hands of God, President James E. Faust, Ensign Nov. 2005

No comments: